We are excited to announce that our partnership with Alief ISD to provide Pre-Kindergarten classes is now in its third year. Families who are seeking to attend the day Alief ISD Pre-Kindergarten classes will now register at the Alief Early Childhood Center. During the annual August enrollment period, parents should visit the elementary school to which they are zoned.
Alief ISD staff will determine whether you qualify for the Pre-K program based on the State defined rules which include:
- is unable to speak and comprehend the English language; or
- is educationally disadvantaged; or
- is homeless, as defined by 42 U.S.C. Section 1143a,
- is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
- is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty;
- is or ever has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (foster care).
When you apply to enroll, you will need to indicate that you would like to attend Grandma’s House Child Care.
The Pre-K program is officially from 7:45 AM-3:30 PM, Monday-Friday. There are strict attendance rules and families will lose their eligibility after a stated number of absences or tardies.
Families that need care before 7:45 AM or after 3:30 PM will have to separately contract with Grandma’s House for such care.
Tuition and Attendance Policy
Children who attend Grandma’s House through the Alief ISD partnership do not pay Registration or Supply Fees. Additionally, children who attend through the Alief ISD program do not pay tuition for the school day period which runs from 7:50 AM until 11:20 AM. If you need care before or after these Alief times, then an incremental tuition is due from the parents.
All families that are attending at Grandma’s House will have to also complete our paperwork so that we remain compliant with Child Care Licensing requirements. This includes families that are only attending during the stated Alief ISD times.