You may find yourself displeased about something that has happened at your child’s child care operation. It is important you communicate your concerns with the director or caregiver. There may be a misunderstanding that can easily be resolved.
If you feel the situation isn’t resolved and you believe the operation is not meeting the minimum standards, you should report your concerns to a local Licensing office or contact our Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-252-5400. Licensing staff will investigate all reports of minimum standard violations.
If you suspect your child has been abused or neglected you must report the situation immediately to the Child Abuse Hotline. Parents who suspect that their child has been abused in child care sometimes remove their child from the operation, but do not report the problem. This leaves other children in danger. Be seriously concerned with your child care operation if you see that:
- Parents are not encouraged or allowed to visit the operation during the day.
- Children are left without direct adult supervision.
- Classrooms are continually out of control or there appears to be too many children in care.
- Caregivers are scolding and yelling at children.
- Caregivers are physically rough with children and allow rough play.
- The operation is unsanitary or has unsafe conditions.
- Your child is unhappy about being left at the facility and this doesn’t improve over time.
- You child comes home with unexplained bruises or injuries.
- Infants are napping in unsafe sleep conditions.
West Oaks Private Pre-School and Grandma’s House Child Care have been providing childcare focused on building social and academic skills to the West Oaks, Katy region of West Houston, since 1984. We emphasize a safe, well rounded education focused on building social and academic skills. We offer a top-notch educational experience in a secure environment with very experienced teachers.